[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
802Subaru - View topic - Mechanic Review: Six Star Motors (Colchester)
Help us pay our hosting bills! Welcome to 802Subaru Green Web Hosting! This site hosted by DreamHost.

Home | About | Events | Sponsors | Swag Store

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Mechanic Review: Six Star Motors (Colchester) 
Founder

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Color:
Vehicle Use: Daily Driver
Post Mechanic Review: Six Star Motors (Colchester)
So my clutch fork pivot snapped recently, during the busiest I've been in the last year. Normally I'd do car work myself, but with half of an Impreza in the garage, and with re-wiring the entire house with grounded wire, I've been kinda swamped and I was not thrilled about learning how to drop a transmission in my garage. It's a big job but I caved in and decided to take it to a shop.

I called around town for some quotes, Twisted wanted almost two times as much as Six Star, so the choice was clear. I brought my car up to Six Star Motors on Thursday (I gave them very little notice, but they were cool with it) and within a day or so they had already looked at the car and ordered parts. They did a few extra things for me too and checked the condition of other components that were going to be accessible while the transmission was out. I got my car back just yesterday, so it was about a week and that was with me calling them up a half hour before I was going to drop the car off.

All in all, I'd give them a 5/5. Their turnaround time was about par with my expectations, but Charlie and Tim are real down-to-earth, no-bullshit guys. Their prices were REALLY reasonable and they stuck to their original verbal quote, which was cool. If I'm ever in a pinch for time, I'll be going to these guys again without hesitation.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]